The hidden $25k in your firm
- Entry-level intern (non-licensed) salary = $36,000/year
- Intern spends 40 hours to complete one presentation-quality rendering and model
- Intern completes 1.5 renderings per month, totaling 720 hours annually
- Intern actual cost to firm is $40/hour, billing rate is $75/hour, for profit of $35/hour
- Rendering time for intern costs firm $25,200/year in overhead (720 x 35)
- Interns have less time to develop design and technical skills under the direction of their manager.
- Interns may not have the skills or architectural experience to produce rendering quality comparable to an external vendor.
- Managers may not critique in-house renderings as closely as an external vendor.